Miss B's Learning Blog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

ACMI Excursion – Who had fun?

April20

130507_ACMI_Grid_Template_1_constrained

You need to review our excursion to ACMI.

Describe at least three aspects that impressed you about the day. (Start a new line for each idea) You can comment on the technology, the green screen, costumes, the instructors, the particular jobs you were given, acting, special visual and sound effects, Screen Worlds Exhibition, pre-production, production and post-production, or any other features that interested you. The blog needs to have at least eight interesting sentences altogehter.

After you have finished drafting, re-read, review and correct your grammar, spelling and punctuation. Next, get a grown up to read over what you’ve written. When everything is as it should be, post it on your class blog page.

“ACMI Excursion – Who had fun?”

1. April 21st, 2016 at 9:17 AM      Reply isaac#pokemon Says:

They was a big cinema and a phantom ride right next to screen world.
    The technology was great, strong and powerful to make a good movie.
    They have a green that allows visual effects to be put at the backdrop of acting scenes.
    They had hats, costumes and wigs.
    We were allowed to use these props for our movie.
    In studio 1 where we were filming there was a green screen.
    There were lots of lights.
    Lots of TV screens.

2. April 21st, 2016 at 9:19 AM      Reply isaac#pokemon Says:

They have a green screen that allows visual effects to be put at the backdrop of acting scenes.
    They had hats, costumes and wigs.
    There were lots of lights.
    Lots of TV screens.

3. April 22nd, 2016 at 12:11 AM      Reply Tommy Says:

At ACMI I was an alien with a black body and silver antenna. There were 4 other aliens in my group. Screen world was amazing my favourite game was a click game called Broken age. I also saw
    Mine craft a game with 3D blocks. My job at ACMI was counting the actors in from 5 to 1 but have a silent 1 and 2. They also had amazing tech, like a giant expensive camera. They also had shot gun mikes! I also really liked the special effects with the proper movie!

4. April 24th, 2016 at 7:15 AM      Reply eliza Says:

Hi Miss Brockenshire, acmi comment
    I thought acmi was amazing. 3 of my favourite parts were the green screen, the costumes and the camera. I like the green screen because I thought it was amazing how it can get rid of everything green and transfer any picture.
    2- I thought the costumes were glamourous. The flowers on the head band were just amazing. The colours just bought everything together.Also some of the other costumes were so unikue.
    3-I thought the camera was spectacular. Without it we would’t have our amazing movie. Sam did a great job filming us and putting all the cool backgrounds in such as an ally way, a Japanese dojo,the moon and so many more.
    In all I thought this was an extraordinary excursion and hope to do it again in the future.

#eliza

5. April 24th, 2016 at 11:12 PM      Reply claire Says:

at acmi my 3 favourite parts were the costumes, the green screen and all the tv screens. i liked the the costumes because they were all funny and very colourful. I liked the green screen because of its ability to put something in such as a dojo, a cottage and much more. i liked the TVs because i really like watching tv and they looked so cool!!!

at the end of the day i was sad to go home and i hope that I can do it again!

6. April 25th, 2016 at 2:41 AM      Reply Ethan Says:

At ACMI I was impressed wtih the green screen, the technology was really amazing. I liked dressing up because it was great fun and i looked hilarious dressed as an alien. I loved going to screen world because i was able to play one of my favourite games, mindcraft with the 3D blocks.
    After we did the films we went back to school. I sat next to Mathew and we talked about our pokemon trades.

7. April 25th, 2016 at 8:18 AM      Reply mackenzie Says:

What I enjoyed about the excursion to ACMI was when I found the shiny, gold Oscar Award Cate Blanchett won. I admired the long red and green dress she wore in the movie.

When I got to act in my film I was one of the main characters. My character was Angie who was a girl who liked to meditate. I really enjoyed acting in front of everyone.

My absolute favourite part of the day is when I got to wear the head set piece to tell information to Sam up in the box. I had to tell him when we were ready. I also got to tell the instructors when to count down from five to start the movie.

It was an amazing day and I wish that we could go there again for another excursion. I had a great experience.

8. April 25th, 2016 at 8:34 AM      Reply Milly Says:

I visited ACMI on Monday 18 April 2016. At ACMI I enjoyed the exhibition room ; My favourite part of the exhibition was the Oscar trophy and dress. The trophy was so shiny and it was from a laddie named Kate. The zoyatrobe was real cool and fast, it also made me feel sick and my eyes sore.
    I also really enjoyed the green screen in action. It was fun learning how the green screen worked. Behind all of the film making I got to do the ‘QUITE ON SET’ with Lilly and Charlie. I would of liked to had ago at ‘MARK IT with the head phones and microphone.

9. April 25th, 2016 at 9:10 AM      Reply Milly Says:

By the way the first one was a mistake

I visited ACMI on Monday 18 April 2016.

At ACMI I was interested in the exhibition room. My favourite part of the exhibition was the Oscar trophy and dress. The trophy was so shiny and it was from a lady named Kate.

The zoyatrobe was real cool and fast, it also made me feel sick and my eyes sore.

I also really enjoyed the green screen in action. It was fun learning how the green screen worked.

Behind all of the film making I got to do the ‘QUIET ON SET’ with Lilly and Charlie. I would have liked to had a go at ‘MARK IT with the head phones and microphone.
    #Milly

10. April 25th, 2016 at 9:14 AM      Reply olivia Says:

ACMI was really amazing, it was so awesome to act, i was really lucky because i was a main character, and because i was in scene 1 i got to do the last scene as well so i got thirty seconds, more then a lot of other children!
    One of my three favorites were the green screen it was so cool to be standing on the moon or a ally way or even a Dojo even though your really not!
    i also loved screen world it was cool how there was games, videos plus there was stuff to trick your mind, like one thing was spinning really fast and at the same time the lights were flashing on and off so it looked like it was moving because it tricked your eyes.
    My third favorite was the technology it was really good because ACMI had all the equipment like all the TVs, the green screen, and most of all the camera because they did not use a iPhone, or one public can get easily, they used a really good, filming camera one where you could film TV shows!
    i really hope that everyone like the film even if they made a mistake

11. April 25th, 2016 at 9:31 AM      Reply Stella Says:

I really enjoyed going to ACME with my mum as a parent helper. We had fun on the bus trip to the city. When we got to ACME, I enjoyed watching other students acting out their parts. I liked the big green screen that they had and loved the background picture of my scene which was a dragon and a castle. I was fascinated by the Zoetrope in Screen World and watched it five times. I loved the way it worked with the flashing lights and moving clay animal characters. I also liked the Minecraft section and that we could play on it.

12. April 26th, 2016 at 7:58 AM      Reply matthew Says:

On Monday me and half of the other 3/4’s went to ACMI to make a movie. My character was rob. The other main characters were Angie, Stacy and Dwayn. Our movie was called the magic camera. There were two groups. Group A and group B. I was in group A.
    When we had finished the movie we went to a place in ACMI called screen world. I found a cool video game there. When we got back to the place where we made the movie they let us watch the movie that we made. Here are some of my favourite parts of ACMI: going to screen world because I liked the video games, when it was my part of the movie because I got to speak to an audience and recess because I got to play outside.

13. April 26th, 2016 at 8:29 AM      Reply Taya Says:

My three favorite things are….

Watching are film and seeing how much they
    did to it and they made it amazing I love that
    everything with them made and amazing.

Going to film world and leaning so much
    one thing i leaned is that not all cartoons
    are drawn.

I love picking are outfit and dressing up
    I was wearing silly clothes it made me
    laugh i had i great time.

14. April 26th, 2016 at 9:00 AM      Reply Will Says:

HI

15. April 26th, 2016 at 9:53 AM      Reply Will Says:

Hi Miss Brockenshire firstly I loved ACMI thank you for taking us there it was a wild adventure.

Secondly I liked watching all the groups backgrounds such as the dojo, the moon, the alleyway crime scene and much more. I loved acting as Dwayne, getting into character and wearing amazing costumes.

Thirdly I felt really important directing Sam to start the film I got a real buzz when he was talking back to me from inside the box. I felt in-charge being able to direct the people to start the filming process.

I also liked going into the Screen Worlds Exhibition it was loads of fun playing the games such as minecraft. I liked finding all the interesting things to discover in there.

I enjoyed going back to school on the bus and sitting next to my good friend Jackson. I really hope to return to ACMI so we can produce more films, learn more facts about film and continue to do interesting things. I really enjoyed the day it was filled with fun facts and it was a brilliant day at the best filming place in Victoria ACMI.

16. April 26th, 2016 at 10:22 AM      Reply grace Says:

I thought ACMI was amazing! The three things I liked best were the green screen and all the possible backgrounds,the costumes and awesome camera.The green screen had so many different backgrounds eg under water,in space and a medieval kingdom.
    Anything green will remain invisible.
    The scenes looked very life like with all of the different characters whether they are zombies, robbers or aliens.
    The costumes for the four main characters, Stacey, Rob, Dwayne and Angie were almost identical , which helped the flow of the story. The support characters outfits were all different as they were only in one scene for the magic camera, and I thought everyone put a great effort into their costumes, whether they were the mains or support actors.
    Finally, The camera was HUGE and had lots of different features, to make the film look real. The result was a very life like film. I thought the ACMI excursion was very, very interesting.

17. April 26th, 2016 at 11:05 AM      Reply Olivia v Says:

ACMI

At acmi I had a blast but my favorite part was when we went downstairs to screen world and split up. I went with Holly we adventured so much and got a lot of new filming knowledge we also played a game I forgot what it was called but it was a game about soccer on the first round we rushed too fast and we didn’t know which goal was ours so I got a goal for the wrong team. And I also learned more about the Oscar award.Myself and Holly walked past it about 6 times but we couldn’t find it so we had to get help.
    I really do hope that I go back there again

18. April 26th, 2016 at 9:32 PM      Reply ayesha Says:

At ACMI I liked the green screen because it had lots of different and cool backgrounds like a grave yard with ghosts, mini ghosts and zombies. My favourite background was the castle with a dragon that could move.

The instructors were very helpful, especially when we were filming on set. The instructors had some important rules that you had to follow like to be quiet on set so that background noise couldn’t be heard on the audio. The instructors at ACMI made everyone feel welcome which made it an enjoyable and fun day

My favourite part was getting into the costume and character. I dressed up as a princess, I wore a white dress with a tiara. My line in the film was “What are you doing here its not supposed to be your surprise.” I liked seeing it all come together at the end on film.

19. April 27th, 2016 at 9:08 AM      Reply Mary Says:

1. I was in pressed by screen world and all the things that were inside there. Like the technology,animations and the details in there. My favourite thing in there was how there was a dark room with only one light like as if you were in a film. When you would walk around you will basically fall over.

2. I was suprised that the green screen could add so much cool effects on it. I like it when the animations move around any direction. I liked also seeing deferent affects that they would demonstrate on the green screen.

3 I liked how they set our film out at the end. I thought the animations and affects that they put on the film were great. I also liked how we had written our names on a piece of paper so they could add effects to make it look like a chalkbord. I hope that we do this great excursion again some time.

20. April 27th, 2016 at 9:23 AM      Reply Tara Says:

Hi Miss Brockenshire, I thought acmi was not good or great it was
    awesome. I loved the special effects. The special effects made the film more interesting.
    I loved the explosion because it was cool .
    I liked the costumes because they made the movie better .
    I liked the costumes because they represented your character.
    I liked the costumes because they were were colourful.
    I liked the lighting because it made the room look cool.