Miss B's Learning Blog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

Media Studies Roadshow Incursion

June17

msr_logo1-e1447821033945

2016-rio-olympics759

Write a review of our Media Studies Roadshow incursion.
You have rotated through three activities – filming a TV panel show, recording a radio talkback show and filming an animation. We hope you enjoyed the activities.

Describe at least two aspects that you enjoyed or learned about in the process. You can comment on writing the scripts, drawing backgrounds, making cut-out athletes, researching the Olympic information, learning and rehearsing your roles, organising props and costumes, recording the radio show, green screen filming, animation filming or any other features that interested you. You can also write about any problems you came across and how you solved them.

The blog needs to contain at least two interesting paragraphs.
After you have finished drafting, re-read, review and correct your grammar, spelling and punctuation. Next, get a grown up to read over what you’ve written. When everything is as it should be, post it on your class blog page.
Remember, your post will not be approved by your teacher if it contains mistakes.

“Media Studies Roadshow Incursion”

1. June 18th, 2016 at 4:01 AM      Reply olivia Says:

My favorite part of the incursion was finding out info for the radio script and that we could chose which part we wanted to do and make the script ourselves and have a time limit 20 or more seconds to do your part plus making it professional or fun and crazy.

I enjoyed making the animation where we could chose one sport like diving or swimming and draw thing like people pools balls backgrounds with shops or birds or the sun stars maybe even clouds but the downside was bad that not everyone was there

2. June 19th, 2016 at 4:23 AM      Reply Thomas Says:

The first part of the Media studios road show was acting out scripts we had been given and being filmed in front of the green screen. Some people (including me) ran into a problem straight away. We had accidentally worn green!!! This was a problem because a green screen turns everything green invisible. We had to get art smocks right away and wear them on stage. My group also had to learn a whole new page of the script on the day. The leader (I do not know his name) said that everyone was perfect (or better). I think everyone had a good time!!!

Another part of the roadshow involved presenting scripts that we had written in class. Everyone sat in a circle and waited for Mr Toomey to call us up to the mic. I wrote my scripts with Matthew. They were ads for “Travel Express” and “Acmi sportswear”. I tried to be really enthusiastic and over the top when reading it out loud, as I felt like this would make the ad more exciting.

3. June 20th, 2016 at 7:42 AM      Reply milly Says:

For the Media Roadshow incursion I really enjoyed the tv show. I found that the filming part was easier than I thought. The man was really enthusiastic in helping us create a better performance. By having the script being held up by someone behind the camera was really helpful to me. I liked having a pre-written script as it set a challenge to learn most of it off by heart.

For the Animation part of the incursion my partner was Eliza. Eliza and I did volley ball. In the background we had a couple shops and palm trees. We had a plane flying a flag with the Olympic rings on it. The two characters were an Australian woman playing against an English woman. At the end the Australian woman won.

4. June 20th, 2016 at 8:42 AM      Reply Will Says:

Media studies roadshow

I enjoyed that I made the animation with my great partner Jordyn, we made a BMX cycling track. We were making the track as entertaining as we possibly could. We made amazing people with it and we will be filming it very soon. We needed a lot of time to do this animation. We finished it on Thursday. We had some downfalls but we still kept going on with it.

I loved doing my lines for the script in the TV show, my partners were Anthony and Millie. We were ready to go filming, Anthony and I were the people that had to guess answers. Anthony answered one wrong and I answered them all correct. Millie was the host saying the questions. It was really entertaining to say the answers.

My downfalls were trying to get everything perfect. I was trying to do my lines and do the animation. It was really hard and frustrating but I still went on. It was really hard for me to do the radio show because I didn’t want to say the wrong word.

5. June 21st, 2016 at 5:58 AM      Reply Tara Says:

Animation
    While I was doing the animation I had to move mini characters. It was crazy cool. Everyone had a good time. My partner and I chose to do swimming in the animation. We made the two mini characters. I had fun doing everything.

TV show. During the tv show I had so much fun. It was so cool it blew my mind. I’m sure everyone enjoyed it and it was a great experience. I was in the Vox pop. I was a French person in the TV show getting interviewed by Miss Brokenshire.

6. June 21st, 2016 at 7:13 AM      Reply matthew Says:

On Wednesday and Friday, all the 3/4s had an incursion, which included a TV show a radio show and picture animation created by each class. For the animation, our 3/4-year level had to draw a background of their scene. Then they had to draw mini figures and move them in different places to make animation. For the radio show, Mr. Toomey recorded our voices while reading a script. My two scripts were both adverts and I did them both with Tommy. For the TV show, I did an act where I was a cheer leader and I had to answer some questions. I also had to sing the song ‘Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.’

I enjoyed the incursion very much and it was a lot of fun. I liked the adverts the most. My favourite thing out of the radio show, the animation and the TV show was the radio show. I am very grateful that the teachers organized this amazing incursion for us fellow students

7. June 21st, 2016 at 8:55 AM      Reply Mackenzie Says:

INCUSION

‘’Lights, camera, action!’’ the director yelled as we started filming. I loved the visitor’s enthusiasm as he explained to us what to do and when to do it when we were filming. I loved how my whole class paid respect as the others were creating their animations. I also liked how we got choose our own scripts for our radio show.

A difficulty for me was when I was trying to research and couldn’t find any information about the Olympic rowing team until my mum helped me, but then I ended up loving my radio script. On the radio show we had to stand up behind a microphone and read our script aloud in front of our class. Mr. Toomey recorded us with this big black box with a little screen on it and lots of buttons so he could control it. I really loved it. What a great experience and I wish we could do it again!
    By Mackenzie

8. June 21st, 2016 at 8:58 AM      Reply Mackenzie Says:

INCUSION

‘’Lights, camera, action!’’ the director yelled as we started filming. I loved the visitor’s enthusiasm as he explained to us what to do and when to do it when we were filming. I loved how my whole class paid respect as the others were creating their animations. I also liked how we got to choose our own scripts for our radio show.

A difficulty for me was when I was trying to research and couldn’t find any information about the Olympic rowing team until my mum helped me, but then I ended up loving my radio script. On the radio show we had to stand up behind a microphone and read our script aloud in front of our class. Mr. Toomey recorded us with this big black box with a little screen on it and lots of buttons so he could control it.

I really loved it. What a great experience and I wish we could do it again!

By Mackenzie