Miss B's Learning Blog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

How to Blog

If you would like to comment on any area of our blog, please find the post on the homepage, on which you want to comment.  Click on the continue reading section under that particular post.  Then scroll down to the bottom of the comments that have already been written (if there are any), then…

1. Fill in your name (first name only please or if you are a parent, you could write your name and your child’s name in brackets afterwards (see the Guidelines Page for further details).

2. Fill in an email address.  This will not be shown on the blog.

3. Website – you do not need to fill in anything in this box.

4. Write your comment.

5. Click on submit.

“How to Blog”

1. March 2nd, 2015 at 9:09 AM      Reply Isabella Says:

I think i am teaching people how to do something right. Like how some people look up to me and want to be like me, i am teaching them to just be/do their best and it doesn’t matter if they make a mistake. It is important to not worry about what other people think and do what you think is right. When I teach other people this i feel special and important and I think that they feel the same way.

2. March 7th, 2015 at 8:54 AM      Reply isabella Says:

I think that this timetable will help me do my homework on the right day
    and it will help me do everything on time.

it is important to schedule your homework into a timetable to make sure you allow enough time to get your homework done as well as all your other activities.

3. March 14th, 2015 at 3:47 AM      Reply isabella Says:

Questions:

1. What is the most important job of the spine, ribs and skull?
    The spine is important because you could not move or keep yourself upright without it. Your spine gives you structure and support. It allows you to move around.

2. What is the most important job of the rib cage? The rib cage is important because it has thin, flat, curved bones that form a protective cage around the organs in your upper body. The rib cage protects these organs.

3. What is the most important job of the skull? The skull is important because it is hard and hollow and provides protection for the brain.

Questions:
    1. What do you need to do to take care of your bones?
    Eat foods rich in calcium and vitamin D, get plenty of exercise, and have good health habits which will help keep our bones strong and healthy.

2. Why is it important to take care of your bones?
    You need to take care of you bones because healthy and strong bones mean you can maintain your bone density and a lead fit and active life well into old age. Strong bones reduce the risk of breaks occurring later in life and allow us to lead active and independent lives.

4. March 22nd, 2015 at 5:29 AM      Reply isabella Says:

1. St. Patrick was born on the West Coast of Britain in 385AD.
    2. St. Patrick ended up in Ireland when he was 16 because he was kidnapped and sold to an Irish sheep farmer.
    3. St Patrick returned to Ireland in his mid thirties to work as a missionary.
    4. St Patrick became the patron saint of Ireland by the Seventh Century.
    5. An Irish tradition is that a four leaf clover is lucky and represents hope, faith, love and happiness.
    6. President Obama’s likes to celebrate St Patricks Day because his great-great-great grandfather was Irish. President Obama will start the day by having breakfast with the Irish Prime Minister, will meet in the oval office for discussions and have a special reception called the Shamrock Ceremony.

5. April 18th, 2015 at 1:40 AM      Reply Isabella Says:

1. What is a heart and where is it located?
    A heart is a muscle and it is located a little to the left side of your chest.

2. What is your pulse?
    Your pulse indicates how fast your heart is beating.

3. When you listen to your heart, what is the da-dum sound that your hearing?
    Only a healthy heart makes a da-dum sound and this happens when the valves shut on the blood inside the heart.

4. Where can you feel a pulse?
    You can feel a pulse in your wrist just under your thumb and the sides of your neck.

5. Why can you feel your pulse in these areas of your body?
    You can feel a pulse in these areas of your body because there is a large artery running just beneath the skin.

6. April 26th, 2015 at 5:37 AM      Reply isabella Says:

Ingredients: 2 cups of flour, half a cup of sugar, 3 eggs, 80g of butter, 180ml of milk and 1 teaspoon of strawberry flavour.
    Method: Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius, grease 20cm cake pan. Beat flour, sugar, eggs, butter and milk & flavour. Pour into pan and bake for 50 minutes.

1. Were there any difficulties?
    The difficult thing for me was spreading the icing when the cake was complete.

2. What alternatives would you consider next time?
    I wouldn’t do anything different because the cake turned out well.

3. Who would enjoy this recipe most?
    Dad, because he loves sweets.

4. What techniques did you use?
    Beating, mixing, spreading icing and pouring.

7. May 9th, 2015 at 8:41 AM      Reply Isabella Says:

I am doing a Haiku about my mum.

My mum is the best.

She does everything for me.

I adore my mum.

8. May 9th, 2015 at 8:45 AM      Reply Isabella Says:

I chose to do my Haiku on my mum because she has the most influence on my life and I look up to her.

9. May 16th, 2015 at 10:55 PM      Reply Isabella Says:

The pros (positives) about having bionic body parts are that if you were born without any body parts, lost any body parts or you have body parts that aren’t working anymore, you can get bionic body parts and you can move and walk, allowing you to pick up things, move them and function in your day-to-day life.

The cons (negatives) about having bionic body parts are that the new bionic body parts could be stronger, faster or more durable than our human body and people may choose to replace their fully functioning body parts with better one’s even if they don’t need to.

I think replacing human body parts is a great thing for those people who need them. It allows them to function as normal people again.

10. April 15th, 2016 at 3:42 AM      Reply isaac#pokemon Says:

i agree